Monday, May 16, 2011

Vintage loves...

This week I am just posting a couple of photos because some of my vintage pieces are too heavy for me to move to a good spot for photographs. I may post more as the week goes on but, for now, here are two of my favorite pieces:

First of all, a baby shoe that belonged to Floyd when he was a wee one - so we're talking circa 1936/37. I love it and it is so special to us as he has very few items from his childhood (unlike me, *blushes*). It came to us without laces, so they are not vintage:


Next, my old Singer treadle sewing machine. It is in its own cupboard that it can fold down in to but we leave it out for display. I don't know the era but I believe (after some internet searching) circa 1907:

2 comments:

  1. Good photos Mum, I was wondering what you were going to take photos of, seeing as you have so much "vintage" in your home....unlike mine!! LOL

    I love Daddy's little shoe, so cute! And although you didn't take a picture of it, I like that it says "Bud" on the bottom of it.

    The picture of the sewing machine is good too, I like with the marbles in the back ground...

    Great job Mum!

    Love you!
    KB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SO almost took a photo of the "Bud"!! Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete