Wednesday, May 18, 2011

One more....

I forgot one! Well, in fact, I have many but this one is special. For my birthday last year, Tanya gave me a 1876 book of hymns written by John Wesley (brother to Charles). There is no music, so it is more like a book of poems. Small as the print is, I still do love reading them. There is a depth in their wording that we don't have these days.


Apparently, it was "for the use of the people called Methodists". The Methodist Church was founded on the Wesley brothers' teachings.


My book used to belong to a Joseph G. Parker! Nice calligraphy, Joseph...



2 comments:

  1. Great photos Mumma....that book is awesome! (and your photos are great too!!)

    The book is in great condition considering it's 135 years old!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like our book of hymns that we STILL use in our church...haha, must be a "Methodist" thing:)

    ReplyDelete