Saturday, July 2, 2011

Well, like Kristy, I thought that I might not make the challenge this year as I found out mid-week that Picture Butte fireworks are in August, not on July 1st. Lethbridge had them at 11 p.m. but we didn't want to stay in town that long. In the end, Mandy and Floyd said that they heard Shaughnessy (two-bit town five minutes from us) was having them so we figured it would be 11 p.m. there as well. At 10:35 I went out into the backyard and could hear explosions so Floyd and I jumped in Gadget (our new car) and set off in search of fireworks. However, when we got there, most people were leaving so we figured we had missed the display. We had just parked and gotten out of the vehicle when a few more lit the sky. So I did manage to pull off a couple of photos but have to say that I broke the majority of the cardinal rules in photographing fireworks, the main one being: using a tripod. Hence the squiggly lines and blurred images. In August, when I can sit in my back yard and watch them, I plan to be prepared and, who knows, maybe I'll post another one then...





1 comment:

  1. Awesome photos Mumma!! Great job! I wish I could have taken some of real fireworks!! LOL

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete