Saturday, April 30, 2011

Night in our house

This week I find myself challenged, not only by obvious physical obstacles, but also by the fact that Tanya has borrowed my Canon for a upcoming photoshoot, so I am using Floyd's PowerShot "point-and-shoot". However, I was impressed by it's performance and was pleased to find that it had a manual setting that enabled me to experiment. Plus it is still a Canon ;)

This first one is my bedside table with my clock, water bottle, and pile of books:


The next photo shows where our dear old puppy sleeps at night. Now that Floyd is temporarily in the spare bedroom (until I get a bit better), she lays right across the doorway (so that she can know if either one of us gets up, I guess). I feel so bad, however, when I have to get up in the middle of the night because she doesn't hear me, so I have to tap her with the walker...


I was thrilled with the way this next photo came out! I was trying to take a picture of the streetlight shining through the tree branches and was so surprised, when I downloaded the photo, that the camera had, instead, focused on the window screen! But I love the result! It can be frustrating when the camera decides itself what to focus on but here is an example where it can make for a pleasing photo:

1 comment:

  1. Yay Mumma!!

    I was so excited when I logged on to here today to see you had posted pictures!!!

    Awesome photos...I love the one of Maddie, poor dog is just so confused in her old age!! LOL

    I like the last photo too, awesome. Dad's little camera did good!

    Love you!
    KB

    ReplyDelete