Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Challenge #2: Still Life and Back Lighting

Kristy has decided to have some "guest challengers" this year and I was quite surprised this morning to be asked to be the first one! I have been thinking a lot about what I want to do with my photography this year and so I have done my research and come up with a challenge for this week that I hope will stretch our imaginations and technique a little!

The topic is Still Life and Back Lighting. Essentially it is taking a photograph of an object that has been back lit. Not only will this prove to be a challenge, but it means we don't have to leave our cozy homes and go out into the suddenly chilly weather! I've provide a couple reference links below to get us started. Good luck and I look forward to seeing this weeks creations!

http://www.learnmyshot.com/How+to+Backlight+Photography+Technique++Backlighting+Still+Life+subject

http://jamiewillmott.com/blog/2009/06/03/a-simple-backlighting-setup

4 comments:

  1. Nice... I love backlighting! (by the way, I think she asked me first....ha ha. Do you think she is trying to shirk her duties??)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I missed that! Haha! I seriously thought she posted the first one of the year. Oh well - I am no less honored! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha!! Sorry Buff...but you should feel honored :)

    Your idea is a great one...hope I can find a way to do it!!

    Thanks for posting...can't wait to see your pictures ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Backlighting....now THIS I do need to work on. Ive never been happy with my backlit photos...sadly, its thursday now lol :P

    ReplyDelete